This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Paediatrics modules
Key questions on infant feeding problems (1.5 CPD hours)
Clinical casebook: acute childhood illness (1.5 CPD hours)
Case-by-case: UTIs and enuresis (1.5 CPD hours)
Dr Anne Connolly advises on the pathophysiology of PCOS, managing short term effects and advising women with fertility concerns
Dr Jessica Garner, clinical fellow in obstetrics and gynaecology and Miss Maryam Parisaei, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, on investigating rash in pregnant women, managing chicken pox in pregnancy and travel advice for zika virus.
Dr John Dean, consultant cardiologist, on identifying patients with AF, personalised care and manging patients who are persistently unwell despite treatment
Guideline debrief: feverish illness in children
This interactive, case-based learning module focuses on the primary care assessment and management of the 2013 NICE guidance on feverishness in children aged under five
To improve your knowledge of the updated NICE guidance on feverishness in children under five including:
- appropriate measurement of fever
- In a child presenting with fever, identification of clinical signs and symptoms that help to predict the potential cause and severity of the child’s illness
- The changes to NICE’s traffic-light system for assessing risk, including the addition of tachycardia as an intermediate (amber) risk sign
- The appropriate use of antipyretic agents in line with the updated guidance
- The appropriate referral to a specialist paediatric setting where symptoms and signs suggest a serious underlying illness
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
Remember, you don't have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.
Dr Will Murdoch is a GP with the Vitality Partnership in Birmingham and assistant director of clinical strategy to medical team (Birmingham, Solihull, Black Country), NHS England