This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Musculoskeletal medicine modules
Top tips in musculoskeletal care: a video module (1 CPD hour)
Key questions on fibromyalgia (1.5 CPD hours)
Dr Jessica Garner, clinical fellow in obstetrics and gynaecology and Miss Maryam Parisaei, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, on investigating rash in pregnant women, managing chicken pox in pregnancy and travel advice for zika virus.
Dr John Dean, consultant cardiologist, on identifying patients with AF, personalised care and manging patients who are persistently unwell despite treatment
Consultant ophthalmic surgeon Mr Ramu Muniraju with cases on posterior vitreous detachment, diabetic retinopathy and when to refer urgently to secondary care
Guideline debrief: low back pain and sciatica
This case-based module will guide you through the latest NICE guideline on the diagnosis and management of low back pain and sciatica
To update you on:
- The red flag symptoms that may indicate a sinister cause for back pain
- Risk stratification in patients with back pain
- How to manage back pain depending on the results of risk stratification
- Which analgesia to use first line
- Which secondary care treatments are recommended by NICE.