This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Musculoskeletal medicine modules
Top tips in musculoskeletal care: a video module (1 CPD hour)
Key questions on fibromyalgia (1.5 CPD hours)
Dr Olwen Jones on whether self-taken genital swabs are acceptable in teenagers, speculum examinations in pregnancy and treating recurrent thrush
Consultant cardiologist Dr Angus Nightingale and clinical research fellow Dr Thomas Hinton on blood pressure monitoring, contraindications to general anaesthesia and what blood pressure targets GPs should be aiming for.
Dr Simon Stockley advises on key warning signs for sepsis and referring cases to secondary care
Guideline debrief: low back pain and sciatica
This case-based module will guide you through the latest NICE guideline on the diagnosis and management of low back pain and sciatica
To update you on:
- The red flag symptoms that may indicate a sinister cause for back pain
- Risk stratification in patients with back pain
- How to manage back pain depending on the results of risk stratification
- Which analgesia to use first line
- Which secondary care treatments are recommended by NICE.