This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Gastroenterology modules
Top tips on improving GI referrals: a video module (1 CPD hour)
Interpreting LFTs (1 CPD hour)
Altered LFTs – what to do? (1 CPD hour)
Dr Olwen Jones on whether self-taken genital swabs are acceptable in teenagers, speculum examinations in pregnancy and treating recurrent thrush
Consultant cardiologist Dr Angus Nightingale and clinical research fellow Dr Thomas Hinton on blood pressure monitoring, contraindications to general anaesthesia and what blood pressure targets GPs should be aiming for.
Dr Simon Stockley advises on key warning signs for sepsis and referring cases to secondary care
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of ulcerative colitis (UC).
To update you on:
- The presentation of UC and differentiation from irritable bowel syndrome
- What investigations to carry out in primary care and when to consider referral
- The use of the faecal calprotectin test
- Management of UC both acutely and chronically
- Issues around contraception, pregnancy and fertility for patients with UC
- Risks of colorectal cancer in patients with UC