This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Gastroenterology modules
Top tips on improving GI referrals: a video module (1 CPD hour)
Interpreting LFTs (1 CPD hour)
Altered LFTs – what to do? (1 CPD hour)
Dr Jessica Garner, clinical fellow in obstetrics and gynaecology and Miss Maryam Parisaei, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, on investigating rash in pregnant women, managing chicken pox in pregnancy and travel advice for zika virus.
Dr John Dean, consultant cardiologist, on identifying patients with AF, personalised care and manging patients who are persistently unwell despite treatment
Consultant ophthalmic surgeon Mr Ramu Muniraju with cases on posterior vitreous detachment, diabetic retinopathy and when to refer urgently to secondary care
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of ulcerative colitis (UC).
To update you on:
- The presentation of UC and differentiation from irritable bowel syndrome
- What investigations to carry out in primary care and when to consider referral
- The use of the faecal calprotectin test
- Management of UC both acutely and chronically
- Issues around contraception, pregnancy and fertility for patients with UC
- Risks of colorectal cancer in patients with UC