This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Ear, Nose and Throat modules
Top tips in ENT: a video module (1 CPD hour)
The information: otitis externa (0.5 CPD hours)
Key questions on vertigo (1.5 CPD hours)
Dr Jessica Garner, clinical fellow in obstetrics and gynaecology and Miss Maryam Parisaei, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, on investigating rash in pregnant women, managing chicken pox in pregnancy and travel advice for zika virus.
Dr John Dean, consultant cardiologist, on identifying patients with AF, personalised care and manging patients who are persistently unwell despite treatment
Consultant ophthalmic surgeon Mr Ramu Muniraju with cases on posterior vitreous detachment, diabetic retinopathy and when to refer urgently to secondary care
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of vertigo.
To update you on:
- The pathophysiology and common causes of vertigo
- Which features in the history and examination are the most helpful in making a diagnosis
- The difference between labyrinthitis and vestibular neuronitis and what significance this has for the management of the patient
- How to manage common conditions such as BPPV and vestibular neuronitis
- When to refer patients with vertigo to secondary care, either acutely or as an outpatient.
This module has been developed by Pulse Learning’s team of medical writers and editors, and peer reviewed by our GP advisers.