This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Ear, Nose and Throat modules
Top tips in ENT: a video module (1 CPD hour)
The information: otitis externa (0.5 CPD hours)
Key questions on vertigo (1.5 CPD hours)
Dr Adam Woo on red flags for spinal pathology, managing medications for back pain and screening tools for primary care
Dr Heather Ryan suggests how practices can attract GPs to join as partners during or just after training
Dr Dominique Thompson on diagnostic criteria for anorexia, managing ‘borderline’ cases and investigations in bulimic patients
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of vertigo.
To update you on:
- The pathophysiology and common causes of vertigo
- Which features in the history and examination are the most helpful in making a diagnosis
- The difference between labyrinthitis and vestibular neuronitis and what significance this has for the management of the patient
- How to manage common conditions such as BPPV and vestibular neuronitis
- When to refer patients with vertigo to secondary care, either acutely or as an outpatient.
This module has been developed by Pulse Learning’s team of medical writers and editors, and peer reviewed by our GP advisers.