This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Ear, Nose and Throat modules
Top tips in ENT: a video module (1 CPD hour)
The information: otitis externa (0.5 CPD hours)
Key questions on vertigo (1.5 CPD hours)
Vikki Gray and Dr Sarah Abbas explain what GPs need to do to protect adults at risk
Professor David Sanders and Dr Michelle Shui Yee Lau on late presentation, who should be screened and prescribing gluten-free food
Speaking at Pulse LIVE 2017, GP Dr Carrie Ladd takes you through some key questions on recognising and managing perinatal health problems
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of vertigo.
To update you on:
- The pathophysiology and common causes of vertigo
- Which features in the history and examination are the most helpful in making a diagnosis
- The difference between labyrinthitis and vestibular neuronitis and what significance this has for the management of the patient
- How to manage common conditions such as BPPV and vestibular neuronitis
- When to refer patients with vertigo to secondary care, either acutely or as an outpatient.
This module has been developed by Pulse Learning’s team of medical writers and editors, and peer reviewed by our GP advisers.