This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Diabetes and endocrinology modules
Six o'clock blood result - hyper- and hypothyroidism (1 CPD hour)
Six o’clock blood result - hypocalcaemia (1 CPD hour)
Six o'clock blood result - elevated amylase (1 CPD hour)
Dr Olwen Jones on whether self-taken genital swabs are acceptable in teenagers, speculum examinations in pregnancy and treating recurrent thrush
Consultant cardiologist Dr Angus Nightingale and clinical research fellow Dr Thomas Hinton on blood pressure monitoring, contraindications to general anaesthesia and what blood pressure targets GPs should be aiming for.
Dr Simon Stockley advises on key warning signs for sepsis and referring cases to secondary care
Type 2 diabetes
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of type 2 diabetes.
To update you on:
- Who to screen for diabetes
- Diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, including the move from fasting sugar to HbA1c
- Management in primary care using lifestyle change, drugs and insulin
- Monitoring in primary care
- When to tell patients with diabetes to contact the DVLA
- Which patients with diabetes should be considered for bariatric surgery
This module has been developed by Pulse Learning’s team of medical writers and editors, and peer reviewed by our GP advisers
We would like to thank Dr Ravi Gooneratne, a GP and diabetic lead in North London, for his help in developing this module.