This site is intended for health professionals only
Other Diabetes and endocrinology modules
Six o'clock blood result - hyper- and hypothyroidism (1 CPD hour)
Six o’clock blood result - hypocalcaemia (1 CPD hour)
Six o'clock blood result - elevated amylase (1 CPD hour)
Dr Jessica Garner, clinical fellow in obstetrics and gynaecology and Miss Maryam Parisaei, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, on investigating rash in pregnant women, managing chicken pox in pregnancy and travel advice for zika virus.
Dr John Dean, consultant cardiologist, on identifying patients with AF, personalised care and manging patients who are persistently unwell despite treatment
Consultant ophthalmic surgeon Mr Ramu Muniraju with cases on posterior vitreous detachment, diabetic retinopathy and when to refer urgently to secondary care
Type 2 diabetes
This case-based module will guide you through the latest evidence in the diagnosis and management of type 2 diabetes.
To update you on:
- Who to screen for diabetes
- Diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, including the move from fasting sugar to HbA1c
- Management in primary care using lifestyle change, drugs and insulin
- Monitoring in primary care
- When to tell patients with diabetes to contact the DVLA
- Which patients with diabetes should be considered for bariatric surgery
This module has been developed by Pulse Learning’s team of medical writers and editors, and peer reviewed by our GP advisers
We would like to thank Dr Ravi Gooneratne, a GP and diabetic lead in North London, for his help in developing this module.